"The Cheshire Public Library Podcast is a teen-driven cultural magazine featuring teen writers, musicians, reviewers, commentators, and more." (quote from their website)
http://www.cheshirelib.org/teens/cplpodcast.htm
I selected this podcast because the all the content was generated by teens in grades 9-12, and it was interesting and enjoyable to listen to. I listened to episode 13 which contained the Hartford Public High School Poets doing a group poetry performance, strange and humorous news items, a girl reading a short story that she wrote, and the teen hosts plugging library programs. I think the Cheshire Public Library succeeded in creating a project that their teen patrons really got involved in and felt was their own. I've forwarded the podcast to my own library's youth services director.
To find this podcast I searched using the 3 podcast search engines provided by Dr. Akin, but did not find much. I turned to google.com and put "library wiki podcast teens" in the search box. That took me to this list of podcasts created through partnerships between public libraries and teenagers. http://www.libsuccess.org/index.php?title=Podcasts_%26_Teens I chose the CPL Podcast from this list.
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment