Sunday, November 4, 2007

#7 Social Networking - MySpace.com

I searched MySpace.com for pages having to do with teens in libraries and found quite a few. As I browsed through them I found that some were very slow in loading, one had a black background with red lettering which was difficult to read, and some had not been updated recently.

However, the Seattle Public Library Teens' page loads quickly, is easy on the eyes, updated frequently, is mainly written by teens, and has 509 friends so it seems pretty popular (I only have 12 friends on my page!). Here is the link to it: http://www.myspace.com/splteencenter

This is what they have to say about themselves: "We are the Teen Center Advisors for the Seattle Public Library. Our group is the first group of Teen Center Advisors and we consist of about 17 people, ranging in age from 14-18! If you have any questions feel free to ask them in our comment boxWe are the Teen Center Advisors for the Seattle Public Library. Our group is the first group of Teen Center Advisors and we consist of about 17 people, ranging in age from 14-18!"

And on their interest in music: "We like music, except for those of us who don't like music."

1 comment:

Future Librarian said...

Since I posted this, the Seattle Public Library has updated their myspace page to have a black background and orange lettering. Not as easy on the eyes as it used to be!