Saturday, November 17, 2007

#9 Internet

I chose www.teenspoint.org as a good example of a public library website aimed at teens. Some of its features are: book lists, reviews of books, movies, music & websites, upcoming programs of interest to teens, weekly opinion surveys and contests, links to homework help and to other areas of the library such as the OPAC as well as links to interesting external websites, information on wifi in the libraries, and online book renewal. Teens can also post their own book reviews, poetry, and essays on the site. It receives a good amount of traffic and is updated by staff and teen patrons regularly.

This is the teens' page of my own library system, so I didn't find it with a search engine. I was already familiar with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

JHepCat "72" said...

What's all this I hear about public libraries serving Teem?

The days when Teem could lick any mixer in the house are long past!

Teem hasn't been made by Pepsi since soon after the introduction of Mountain Dew!

Say what? Public libraries serving teens? Not alcohol, right? Oh, serving as in helping, assisting, taking care of the needs of, paying attention to.

Oh. Well that's very different.

Never mind.